Friday 24 October 2014

On Hiatuses and Actual Terrible Fates


I took a pretty long break from running around Arcadia in ACNL, and managed to get by without anyone noticing.

Nobody moved out, or even noticed I hadn't played in like 3 months.
How?


CHEATING.


I had already been mucking about with the dates on my 3DS to get different bugs/fish for my collection, so weirdly enough, when I checked my Activity Log to see when I'd apparently last played, it was saying September instead of June anyway, so I was able to just change the date to that day and then play as if I'd never left. I'm not *quite* caught up to actual date, but I'm playing October now, so I'm almost there.


That said, something pretty lame happened after the first bit of playthrough that I didn't feel like trying resetting to reverse.
Remember how I'd been dying to get my Majora's Mask?
I was pretty proud of that thing:
So you can imagine my disappointment when I accidentally sold it along with many other things to Reese and didn't notice until much later.

It was so much later, I wasn't 100% sure if I'd saved since then, and I'd done tons of stuff, so I felt like I might as well just go back to trying to get it in the cookie again.

Here's some of the stuff we've been up to in town:
Listening to Gulliver's terrible puns.

Had a really intense coffee tasting.

Had my face made fun of.

Over and over.

By all my little townies.

Visited the museum.


Enjoyed the shooting stars.

Met Jack for the first time; he wasn't facing the camera, sorry! XD

Cyrano yelled at me for calling him an anteater...
Had a weird conversation about horns with Benj.

Celebrated my (actual) birthday!

Basically, what I learned was that, sometimes you might fall down,


A lot.
but you just gotta get back up and enjoy being the mayor!


No comments:

Post a Comment